1. Best Boudin - NuNu’s in Youngsville. I know everyone has a favorite & there are several that I LOVE; but, NuNu’s is tops for me! Perfect ratio and consistency and just the right amount of heat—almost never too spicy for my tour guests from all over the world. Powered by NuNu’s awesome seasoning blend!
2. Favorite Dessert - The Bananas Foster bread pudding at Bon Temps Grill! Oh my! Two of my favorite desserts rolled into one and served with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream to boot! Bring friends. You don’t want to tackle this thing alone.
3. Guilty Pleasure - See Favorite Dessert!!!
4. Introducing Lafayette to Out of Towners - Poor Boy’s Riverside Inn. It was my very first “favorite restaurant!” They’ve been preparing (to perfection) all of the traditional dishes of this area for three generations. The catfish pirogue on a plank of crispy fried eggplant is my favorite. Oh, and a well-kept secret: they consistently serve THE BEST filet mignon in the area—bar none!
5. King Cake - I know it’s “out of season,” but if you’ve never tried Poupart’s “French” kingcake, order one! They’ll make it with a day’s notice year round. It’s a flakey puff pastry, the size and shape of a pie, with an almond paste running throughout; no icing or colored sugar on this baby…… Their “regular” king cake is also my favorite in its class. It’s the only one made with French brioche, and that makes ALL the difference…. C’est si bon!