1. Neighborhood Hangout - Lets set the scene. You wake up well rested from a fun night on the town, starving with only one place that will fill that gaping hole in your stomach, numb that hangover and quench the need for more live music. That’s right, Im talking about Artmosphere Bistro's Bottomless Mimosa Brunch. With their new menu rolling out new and improved items every week, it’s become a weekly ritual for me. Side note: Kids are welcome and they enjoy it as much as the big kids do!
2. Introducing Out of Towner's to Lafayette - When I have friends and family come in town to visit there is only one obvious choice to delight their curious pallets and that’s Bread & Circus Provisions. Manny Augello has such a grasp on Lafayette's diversifying culinary needs. With a menu that is always changing and expanding its sure to impress even the pickiest of Out of Towners. No one knows the art of choppin' up some pig like this man. I mean, he's made me fall in love with parts of the swine I never thought possible! Side note: HOGS HEAD CHEESE! *BOOM*
3. Specialty Cocktails - Without question my favorite place to cocktails is Pamplona Tapas Bar. You can tell with every sip of their creative cocktails, that passion and a true knowledge of what it takes to make a some of the Lafayette's best cocktails. Don’t forget your bacon wrapped stuffed dates to go with that drink y'all!
4. Eating on the Cheap - Three words tight wads, Jefferson Street Pub! I appreciate all of the vegans and vegetarians out there, but girl loves her nothing more than a HUGE rare Hamburger and an ice cold canebrake from JSP. Their burgers have everything going for them. From the ideally sweet and rich buns and abundance of topping choices, to the perfectly seasoned and cooked paddy its by far my favorite burger in Lafayette. There is only one thing that makes this burger better and that’s the price. Thursday evenings at JSP has become by favorite spot. Not into burgers y'all? Try Wednesday $2 Taco night!
5. Family Dining - Some might say that I'm a little bias but Lafayette Farmers and Artisans Market is my favorite place to take my kids. It has some of Lafayette's most talented chefs at your finger tips. Between the food trucks and the vendors you have an abundance of choices that is sure to please everyone in your family. Great food choices combined with 100 acres of land to let your little balls of insane amounts of energy get dirty, climb trees and explore, it's my favorite place in Lafayette across the board.