|Photo by Sara Yongue|
1. Special Occasions - This is no longer a valid answer but I wish it were still an option - Village Cafe. Jeremy Conner is, in my opinion, the best chef is Acadiana.
2. Guilty Pleasure – that damn fried chicken at Fat Albert's on the north-side near Moss & Willow. What's worse is that I want chicken and fried gizzards. I have tried very hard to stop at eating only one before exiting the parking lot. I seem to get back home each time with a smidge less self respect than the time before.
3. Eating on the Cheap – Asian Market. Catch them on the right day and prepare to overwhelm your senses by the scent of bahn mis, whole roasted ducks, huge sides of rib, and a wide selection of herbs and veggies.
4. Best Boudin – Charley T's in Breaux Bridge. Just look for the pig in the pot.
5. King Cake – French king cake from Poupart's Bakery
6. Favorite Dessert – Dark Roux. Ryan Trahan is like king Midas when he sets to work with sugar.
7. Neighborhood Hangout – The Lab. It's magic, constantly in movement.
8. Dining Solo – Cedar Grocery. I fell in love 4 years ago when I moved to Freetown. The connection I have to The Grizzly is too personal not to dine there alone.