1. Guilty Pleasure - Oh man, the sweets at Indulge are off the hook! Especially the Red Velvet Cake Shake. It's creamy, buttery and perfect for that extra weight gain in the mid-section. Great coffee, too! If you haven't yet, check them out on Kaliste Saloom and Camellia Blvd.
2. Favorite Dessert - Honestly, I don't really have a sweet tooth but the desserts at Social Southern Table & Bar by Brittany Waters are always on point. Desserts here are not overly sweet and perfect for my savory taste buds. So head over to Social and grab a seat at the bar!
3. Eating on the Cheap - Rouses Pizza! Best kept secret in town! You can buy a large pizza for as little as 7 bucks. Don't tell anyone.
4. Dining Solo - I have a soft spot for sandwiches and one of my favorites would be the Space Shuttle at Cedar Grocery on Jefferson Street. Pastrami, salami, ham, and mortadella are the meats on this animal, topped with melted provolone and spicy sauce. Do yourself a favor and order a side of Baba Ghanoush (similar to hummus but made with roasted eggplant) with extra pita bread, you'll need it. Make them a once a week stop and bring cash!
5. Late Night Hangout - One of the hippest places to go for a few cocktails and small plates would be Guerrilla Bar. Guerrilla Bar is a popup cocktail bar located at Pop's Poboys on selected Fridays and Saturdays. Libations by George King and small plates by me are a great way to start or end your night in Lafayette. Once a month you can attend a popup throw down at Pop's. I will be defending my title this Saturday in a proper grilled cheese cook-off at the Lord of the Cheese Grilled Cheese Throwdown. Come see me and vote wisely!