|Photo by Mike Buck|
Chef Colt Patin has been in the food service industry for over 16 years and has worked his way from a Dishwasher to Breakfast Chef, Sous-Chef, and now Executive Chef for Hook and Boil. Along the way, he has authored a cookbook, won several medals and awards and has cooked for several VIPs including Anthony Bourdain, Andrew Zimmern and even the cast and crew of Swamp People.
Besides being a Certified Executive Chef and Certified Culinary Educator through the American Culinary Federation and Foodservice Management Professional, a part of the National Restaurant Association, Chef Colt is one of the founding members of Heartstrings and Angel Wings, a non-profit organization, which provides micro-preemie clothes to babies within the local hospitals. Always working diligently to impact his community in a positive way, Chef Colt sets a great example for his sons, Heath and Hayden. He is married to Heidi Patin and loves spending time with his family.
1. Special Occasions- When it comes to birthdays,school celebrations or any excuse for a special occasion, we treat ourselves to pizza at Pizza Village. Garlic Cheese Bread and a simple Pepperoni Pizza are always our crowd pleasers.
2. Best Boudin- I have to brag on Hook and Boil’s Boudin. Try the Boudin Egg Rolls and Boudin Stuffed Chicken. It is the perfect meat to rice ratio, the right amount of salt and spice. Paired with the egg rolls and the pepper jelly glaze, it’s a dish that I always crave. Honorable Mention...Johnson's Boucanière.
3. Date Night- When the wife and I need to get away for a quiet date night, we love to go to Zea's. Asian Almond Shrimp, Crispy Duck and my all-time favorite Cheese Burger.
4. Eating on the Cheap- When I need a good meal and a quick bite to eat, I love to go to Judice Inn for their famous burgers.
5. King Cake- My all-time favorite king cake comes from Meche’s Donut King.
Post a Comment